Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year




Adios 2011!!! I would not relive this year for anything. While it has been filled with many blessings, I'm exhausted and would not wish our experience on anyone. None of us will ever be the same, but the Lord has a plan and I find comfort knowing we are living it.
Making Cookies

We had a wonderful Christmas, at home, surrounded by family and friends...it's what it's all about! Not to throw caution to the wind, but I am relieved that we made it through Christmas without any fevers/hospitalizations.

Surrounded ;)

"Cheese"

Check out that static

We did have a scary allergic reaction incident Thursday night. Thatcher ate an overly ripe banana at dinner. He begged for the "nana" on the counter (you know, the one that should have been thrown away a couple of days before). Even though he is 17 months old the kid has never eaten a banana. I've offered it a ton of times, but he's super picky. Anyway, this is what happened...

Duck lips!

We were on our way into the ER after speaking with the pediatrician then transplant, but his lips deflated pretty quickly and we were okayed to give him benadryl. We will follow up wit the docs on this issue next week and avoid bananas in the meantime.

Terrible pic, but his lips were going down

We're 9 months out from transplant now and counting down to our 1 year anniversary. Here's to a happy and healthy 2012!!!

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear that you guys made it through free of sickness! It's very challenging for a regular kid to do, so I can't imagine how worried you were. I too have been trying to take some precaution because I don't want the kids to be sick while we are in the hospital and I want them to be able to meet their sister when the time comes. I know you are so ready for a fresh start this year and I pray that it brings great things to your family! Bless Thatcher's heart...saw the allergic reaction pic and we have a whole folder full of those from Connor. It's very scary! We just keep the Benadryl nearby and it always takes care of it. Glad yall are doing well and we are about to get some use out of those clothes you gave us. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete