Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"You are a perfect match"


...according to my fortune cookie from dinner tonight! Sorry, that was a little misleading. Actually, we still do not know whether I will be able to donate part of my liver to Thatcher. The living donor coordinator, Mimi, called this afternoon to say the surgeon was called into emergency surgery and was not able to review our case again this week. We are on the schedule again next Tuesday.

I was shaking as I answered the phone. I just knew she had an answer for me. We were really surprised to be bumped twice. We don't really know how to feel. It does mean we get to be home longer I guess since it postpones transplant, but if I'm not able to donate we will have to go through this again with another potential donor whom we have not identified yet. Thatcher is doing okay currently, I just hope this does not continue. Time is a factor as Thatcher is not getting better.

I hope my fortune cookie is right!

3 comments:

  1. Hopeful that your fortune IS right! It seems so unfair to keep putting you off without an answer. My hope is that they will call and say you are a match and come on now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is perfect!!!! *Crossing fingers*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so hoping that it is right too! I told Brad that it is so unfair they keep bumping you guys...you must be losing your mind! I hope you get an answer real soon and I am so happy to hear about Thatcher's progress even as things are. He is one tough little guy!

    ReplyDelete