Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Worried and waiting

We had repeat labs Monday morning and it was quite an emotional day for me. Again, lab day stinks simply from having to get my baby poked, but I completely overanalyzed and worried myself sick...hopefully unecessarily. Liver labs were acutally better, not ideal but lower. This means we won't be having a biopsy this time. Good news, right?! Well, I'm still worried about why his numbers are going up and down, and the doctors admitted they don't really know. They have mentioned the possibility of other issues, some worse than rejection, but I'm not sure how seriously they are concerned. This is where my imagination has run wild. We have not been told to be concerned, but we are waiting to hear back on a few extra labs they took.

Whatever is at play, whatever he does or does not have, is already what it is. The Lord knows what is in store for our family and I have to trust that...so easy to say, not so easy to do. Give it up to to the Lord. I just feel so disappointed that there are other things to worry about. I do find hope in the fact our last biopsy was clean. I have to celebrate our blessings and happy times rather than ruin them with worry about the untold future.

That said, I took Amelia for her 3 year check up today and it nearly hurt my feelings to remember how easy it can be with a completely healthy child. Thank God for her health.

Thatcher has an ultrasound scheduled for Friday to make sure there are no vascular issues. This is not a painful procedure, but it is difficult with a squirmy 17 month old. As far as I know, if his ultrasound is clear we may not have labs again for a month. Again, we are still waiting to hear back on some other labs so I'm not sure if that will change anything. In the meantime, we continue to pray and work on accepting the cards we have been dealt.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Jessie...we are also praying that they can figure this out so you no longer have to worry. I can't imagine the stress you all are under. Please keep us updated. Love!

    ReplyDelete