Monday, June 27, 2011

The Link Family

We had family pictures made a couple of weekends ago to update the one over the fireplace taken when Amelia was 9 months old...my how things have changed! We've been through alot since we were just a little family of 3, but I am so grateful to get the opportunity to celebrate our family of 4. These pictures are so precious (great job Ashley Spears Photography!) and are especially meaningful to see everyone's smiling face together.


Click on the link for a slideshow: The Link Family ~ Spring 2011



As always, I can never choose!


Thatcher continues to do well. We had labs last Friday then again today. His liver enzyme numbers are "beautiful," meaning his liver is doing what it should with no signs of rejection. His potassium was slightly elevated and his Prograf level was a bit high as well. Prograf, his immune suppressing medication, can cause the kidneys to retain Potassium so it makes sense when his Prograf runs high, his Potassium may as well. They added a medication for this which he has taken off and on since transplant. This is a temporary issue until we get further from transplant with the hope that our Prograf will eventually be greatly reduced, minimizing any potential side effects. Rejection and infection issues aside, I suspect some of the issues we will encounter, if any, will stem from the large number of medications he currently takes. Again, I pray every day he gets off these one day!


I am officially a stay at home mom now. This is quite an adjustment for me and one I'm getting used to. (Doctors do not recommend Thatcher go to childcare this close to transplant.) I'm glad to be able to stay home and take care of the kids, but it's a complete gear change for me with it's own set of struggles. I'm actually grateful that there were no decisions to be made so I do not question what is best for Thatcher and our family. Everything has just seemed to fall into place here. The Lord continues to guide us down this path and blesses our family daily.

2 comments:

  1. The pictures are so amazing Jessie! Your kiddos are so adorable. Thatcher has changed so much since transplant...unbelievable! I'm so glad that things are continuing to go well with Thatcher and you are getting adjusted to staying home. It definitely takes some getting used to. I feel like I am still getting adjusted every day. I feel so lucky to be able to do it, especially since they are only little once. I know Brad and everyone are missing you terribly at work. It won't be the same without you. I know they hope that it will work out for you to come back someday, but you are doing what you need to for now. Thatcher is the most important priority for you and your family at this time. I hope yall have a great rest of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are beautiful, Jessie!!! Thatcher looks amazing, and so do the rest of you! You look refreshed and glowing! Selfishly, I miss you here at work, but I am so glad that you are able to be home and care for those precious babies. Like Tara said, you're doing what is best for your family and you can find satisfaction in that. I am so glad to hear Thatcher is doing well - Praise, God!
    Please come visit us soon! :)

    ReplyDelete