Saturday, June 18, 2011

Nice

I haven't posted since our last clinic, but we did not have to return until yesterday, 6/17. We had not been to the doctor's office in almost 2 weeks...it was nice :). Not that I'm complaining...those docs saved Thatcher's life and continue to keep him in top shape. Once again, labs indicate good liver enzyme numbers, biliruben, and a proper Prograf level. He's up to 19 1/2 pounds and now in the 15th percentile (meaning he's bigger than 15 percent of other 10 month old boys). His blood pressure is remaining within the proper parameters when I take it daily.
There were no med changes after labs Friday and we will return for labwork next week without having to meet with Dr. Gillis, our liver doctor. We didn't really have any major concerns to discuss with Dr. Gillis and she reminded me that this is a good thing, to forget about Thatcher's condition sometimes. (I don't really know what to call it...a "condition," "situation," but I do know he no longer has liver disease).
We have ventured out a little more in the last couple of weeks, which has also been nice. It can also make me a little nervous but that's part of it I suppose.


Me and my new newphew Caleb & Mom and Thatcher visiting family at my sister's house
All Ten Grandkids...10 under 10
I will say, Thatch has been on my hip for the last 10 months and has grown quite comfortable there. I'm trying to get him used to not being held constantly, but it's taking some work. I would not have done anything differently so I understand the repercussions. Amelia helps entertain him alot.
Amelia is doing well - almost as if nothing happened already. We're back into the swing of things it seems, the kids maybe a little more than me. I even got to potty train her last week and go get her hair cut - things I didn't want someone else to do while I was gone. My list of things I wanted to do when I got home doesn't seem to be getting done so I'm going to have to learn to be more efficient with 2 babies.

We continue to be blessed and I feel as though it's still sinking in...all of it. The magnitude of Thatcher's situation, all the support, and what we have all endured. God continues to be with us. I know we are not done. Thatcher still takes 9 meds, although we do hope several of them will drop off around September (6 months after transplant). One of the many lessons I have learned through this process is to not let worry and the unknown take over. Living day to day is a state of mind and takes prayer and faith. I continue to pray for continued good news and successful labs next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment