Sunday, March 6, 2011

Really Ice Maker?!

I woke BJ up Saturday morning at 6am saying, "Good morning, the fridge is leaking, Thatcher just had a blow out, and Amelia is ready to get up." BJ hit the ground running...the fridge is leaking?? A loud hissing sound was coming from the fridge and water was all over the tile in the kitchen, soaking the rug. BJ turned the water off to the fridge. As we were wiping the sleep from our eyes and drying the floor, BJ wondered what damage had been done downstairs in our basement. I took off...Yep, water was leaking from the can lights in the ceiling, the carpet was soaked, the couch and some of the toys were all wet.



Apparently there was a leak in the water line to the ice maker. I had to admit, I had heard something about 4am and simply rolled over thinking, "hm, that's awfully loud to be rain"...what a "girl" response. If I had only known!!!

Ripping out our basement was not what we had planned to do Saturday, but things happen I guess. At least it didn't happen while we were out of town...right?! BJ's brother helped tear out the ruined dry wall and carpet. My parents came over to help with the kids. We called the insurance company and are drying things out with large fans. I have a new sympathy for those victims of the Nashville flood...a little water can cause so much damage!

Needless to say we are very tired today. We're also a little sad to have lost our play area downstairs. BJ had remodeled the area a couple years ago.

Basement Remodeling


BJ is so talented. He pulled the basement apart and put it back together once...he can do it again. Everyone is ok, and that's what's important, right?! I would hope we have gained some perspective throughout Thatcher's ordeal. Still, it just kind of sucks!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jessie...I saw this picture on Facebook and I was like, "you have to be kidding me?!". I'm so sorry. This is so not what you needed right now. You are right though. BJ is talented and I have no doubt, he will have it looking great in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget you've got family and friends in the construction business too! Of course it would all have to be done to BJ's strict specifications LOL! I know it's more than you can think about right now, but surely we could all band together and get it put back together for you. Love you guys. Kiss those precious babies. We're planning a visit before ya'll take off to PA.

    ReplyDelete