Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hiccupps

Monday Before Transplant
Saturday March 26, 2011
We knew we wouldn't come through this without any hiccupps, but regardless, going back to surgery today was very scary. It doesn't seem to be a major issue, but Thatcher is quite a bit of pain having been opened up again (poor baby :(). I do feel we are in great hands and hope that it doesn't have to happen again. Currently, he is resting on pain meds.
Although we may have had a setback today, we are not going to give up on Thatcher and try to stay hopeful. The pictures above give me that hope. Look how much better he looks from Monday before transplant to yesterday! I can only imagine 1 month from now :).
I'm doing better actually now that I am off my Oxycodone. It was making me super nausious. I'm mostly on Tylenol but at least have a little appetite now.
Thank you everyone for your continued support. We know this is a long road. Thanks for going along with us. Right now I am prying for Thatcher's comfort and full recovery.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Jessie...I am praying! This makes my heart hurt that he is in so much pain. I am praying for a fast recovery and that he won't be in pain in the process. We are definitely here for you guys! Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our youth group has been praying for your family for the past two weeks. We talked tonight about what a miracle it is and how important organ donation is. One of the girls in our group has a mother that received a double lung transplant only 10 months ago and is doing great. In fact we met up with them in Florida over spring break. You would never know that she was so sick this time last year.

    We hope to be able to help out with the 5K run in some way. Erica's checking on that for us. Know that you are in the thoughts and prayers of many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that sweet, sweet face! What an amazing difference. God is working miracles in your lives.
    Stay strong, stay positive and take care of yourself so you heal well too.
    Poor little guy. I can only imagine how scary this little hiccup was for ya'll. I hate it for Thatcher and for you and it hurts me to know that he is in pain.
    Praying for peace for you and BJ and for healing without pain for you and Thatcher. Ya'll are on my mind constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! He does look so much better! I will keep on praying for you and him and your recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to ask if Thatcher's top teeth have come all the way in yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thatcher's "after" picture is beautiful - I know pink has to be one of your favorite colors (along with brown - LOL!)

    I hope and pray that all is well as of today - I check in anxiously for updates and I hope there is nothing but good news from here on out.

    We continue pray for you all and trust in the Lord that everything is all right.

    ReplyDelete