Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday update

Thatcher and I were both moved to rooms about the same time late yesterday afternoon. He is on the regular floor now...can't believe it!! We were told he would be in ICU about 10 days. We hate to be overly optimistic, but we are enjoying all the good news as it comes but remembering there will be ups and downs. I thank God for giving us the relief he has given us the past few days though, especially while I heal. I still cannot believe I haven't seen Thatcher or BJ, but BJ is doing his best to keep me posted.
BJ texted this morning and said Thatcher slept well last night. He said is up right now getting his daily ultrasound done and looks good. His ultrasounds have come back good up to this point. These are important and show the blood flow through the veins/arteries in the liver. I think Thatcher is starting to keep his caretakers busier as he wakes up more. He can't of course roll over on his belly so they have to keep him from doing that. Speaking of...here is the big incision:
I'm still sore and on a clear liquid diet. I have a cath, neck iv, and jp drain connected to me so look forward to maybe losing one of these today. I also really need a shower...the sponge baths aren't cutting it anymore :). Please pray we continue to heal.

5 comments:

  1. I just can't stop smiling. So so happy for you guys. We are all thinking of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Jenn. What an impressive scar huh?! I won't even bother showing mine...it pales in comparison :). Hopefully his will appear faint across his abdomen one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessie, it will eventually fade and be his badge of courage! He'll be comparing scars with all his buddies in the locker room.
    SO GLAD ya'll are doing so well. Power of Prayer right!!! Hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larry and I are smiling as we read this, and exclaiming "awwww" too. Poor little Thatcher and his belly - but what a story he'll have to tell. Scars are only scars - it is LIFE that matters!

    And you - you guys are amazing - in a room so soon - a REGULAR room! Wow. I think your tenacity in healing is equal to your tenacity in handling all of this. You are beating all records, missy, you and Thatcher both, and I hope you continue on! I am praying and hoping for many, many more 'ups' than 'downs', and I'm just betting the downs aren't so bad anymore!

    Keep it up!
    Love,
    Larry and Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to hear that you guys are healing well and that you are in a regular room! Awesome! Keep this kind of news coming our way! That is an impressive scar, but I can just see him in the locker room one day telling all of his buddies how his mother saved his life. What in incredible story he can tell. I bet his scar will get smaller as he gets older too. Keep on bringing the updates..I check all the time! Praying that you all continue to heal wonderfully and that you get to see your boys SOON!

    ReplyDelete