Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Boys

I got to see BJ and Thatcher today!!! It was so emotional and absolutely wonderful.

He looks better than I even imagined. BJ was so good to me while we were separated and even sent me beautiful tulips. Mom and dad got me the sweet statue of the mother holding the baby.

They took labs , removed my JP drain out of my side (yuck), and took the IV out of my arm. I was discharged on Magnesium, pain meds, and stool softener. My abdomen is very sore and I'm fighting the side effects of the pain meds, low appetite, slow bowels, and some nauseau so I kind have to make myself eat. I get tired very easily, but do ok if I make sure and keep medicine in my system.

First time in the chair on Wednesday

Geting my last IV out

BJ wheeling me to see Thatcher at Children's

"Moving the bowels" is important after surgery (for me and Thatcher). Actually, I got a text from BJ last night titled "Poop :)." He didn't have to say anything...it was Thatcher's first dirty diaper and it was BROWN!! It was really Thatcher's first brown dirty diaper ever. I won't share on the blog, but it was a beautiful sight to me :).
Thatcher is resting well. He is on pain meds as needed and even had his first bottle today. He scarfed it down and wanted more, but they want him to start slow so he's eating 1 ounce every 3 hours until tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you!! This is such wonderful news, that you are out and Thatcher is progressing so well. Amelia had so much fun at mom's. We can't wait until you all get home, but we know it's all in good time. Take care and tell Thatcher that Ninny and the crew said Get Well Soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whooo Hoooo! Awesome news! Jessie, so glad you are up and around, even if slowly. Johnny says not to tell you he is sitting here crying tears of joy while I read him this post! Amazing, just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessie, That is such great news. We have been praying for yall everyday. I check the blog out for updates everyday. We will keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely beautiful post - and you could've shared the "poop" on the blog and that would've been beautiful too! I think your courage, honesty and love in posting is the most beautiful part of all - and I know you cried tears of absolute joy when you got to see Thatcher and BJ. You are recovering so fast - how awesome! I know you have a ways to go, but man, the progress you have made is unbelievable. We are SO SO happy for you!
    Larry and Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to hear this news! I must say that you look great for just having a major surgery. I know a c-section is absolutely nothing compared to the surgery you have had but I totally understand about moving the bowels...uugghh. Not fun my friend! I am praying that your systems are up and running soon and that Thatcher continues to have lots of brown poop and gets some more of those yummy bottles! Still praying and smiling because everything is going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the best news I've heard all day!!!! I am SO EXCITED for you. So wonderful that you are feeling okay and finally able to see Thatcher and BJ. Praying both of your recoveries continue to go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete