Saturday, November 19, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving




We did get to come home Tuesday late afternoon. They took a few extra cultures that came back negative. We had repeat labs Thursday morning that were slightly improved as well. The doctors are trying to figure out what to do next with Thatcher's medicine, but I'm getting the feeling that they are thinking his medicine is running high. I've just been told it is extremely hard to reach a target level with a baby's metabolism and unpredictable growth and eating patterns. We get 2 weeks off and will get repeat labs the first of December to determine any med changes.

All that to say, I think I'm ready to jump up and down just a little bit at Monday's biopsy results! Since they haven't found anything worse than rejection, I'm very glad we are not on prednisone and his liver is safe and sound right now :). We are also not in any extra danger of being admitted through the holidays or anytime soon. Praise God!! I know He knows what is best and we just have to have faith...in the good and scary times.

No comments:

Post a Comment