Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Approved

RELIEF: That is the best way to describe how we feel about the news that I am approved to be a living-donor for Thatcher!! Pittsburgh reviewed my case yesterday and told me I was approved “without reservation”...just like the ole fortune cookie said, “A Perfect Match.”

The next step is to schedule the two surgical teams. My surgical team will contact Thatcher’s surgical team, headed by Dr. Mazariegos (http://www.chp.edu/CHP/Mazariegos%2C+George+V.%2C+MD+) and pretty much say, “We have a liver for Thatcher, when do you want it.”
Dr. Mazariegos

We will likely be contacted with some dates that work for the two surgical teams then choose when we can come up. Kind of strange to schedule such an event as though it were a C-section or tonsillectomy, but I’m sure this will be less hectic and less stressful than waiting for a cadaver.

I feel as though a weight has been lifted now that we have found Thatcher a liver, yet we are nervous and scared at the same time. We realize this is just one step along the way, but it is a small victory and gives us such hope. Today was definitely better news than the alternative. Praise God for the living donor option that allows me to give to my sweet Thatcher!

3 comments:

  1. Thank GOD for answered prayers!!! When I got the text today from Allison, I had to do a double take!! I am so happy for you guys!!! I know that this has to be a big weight lifted off your shoulders!! Now we just keep praying for the next step!! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you got an answer and that it gives some peace in this troubling journey. I can't imagine the feeling you must have to know that you are going to heal your son! I know you are so thankful for the answered prayers. I will be praying for yall in these coming days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so pleased to hear this, yet concerned as well. Hugs and kisses. Thoughts and prayers. GOD IS GOOD!

    ReplyDelete