Friday, February 25, 2011

Clinic

We had clinic at Vandy today. It was a bleak reminder of how sick Thatcher is. He gained a little weight but not enough. He is starting to fall below his normal trend and will now need to add an additional bottle of milk with Pregestimil which leaves me only nursing him a couple times a day. During clinic, we go over medicines and how Thatcher has been doing to adjust accordingly. He had labs drawn which took 2 sticks today...terrible! I don't know if I'll ever get used to the bloodwork. In all, not a great clinic day.

Dr. Gillis has now spoken with Thatcher's surgeon in Pittsburgh, Dr. Mazariegos, and wants us to begin coming to clinic on a weekly basis. Thatcher's condition plays a role in scheduling the transplant so he will be monitored closesly. We're now waiting to hear from the surgeon next week and are anxious to get his take on a timeframe. We don't understand completely but don't want Thatcher to get worse. We are just ready to get this show on the road now that we've got a liver. I'll just keep it warm for him until then :).

1 comment:

  1. Jessie,
    So sorry you didn't have a good clinic day. I don't think I could get used to the bloodwork either. It killed me every time I have to take Braden to get his billi checked and poor Thatcher has to have that and worse every time. Continuing to pray for him and YOU!

    ReplyDelete