Tuesday, April 19, 2011

4 weeks

4 weeks ago today Thatcher and I were both in the hospital after having undergone a living-donor liver donation and transplant. Much has taken place in the past few weeks, not to mention the past year. We have come so far and Thatcher is doing remarkably. I attribute his success to the good Lord and lots of prayer. We are doing our part as parents to provide the best care possible, but all along this experience has been out of our hands. I suppose we have all come a long way and continue to pray for peace and healing. Lots of ups and downs, probably more to come, but there is so much to be grateful for. We have been blessed.
Just look at how much better Thatch looks:
Day after transplant
4 days after transplant
4 weeks after transplant

2 comments:

  1. What an AMAZING difference!
    We're walking for him this weekend @ Smiley Hollow! I'll pin his picture to my shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie, He looks great...It is amazing what the power of pray will do. I am so proud to be walking for your family this weekend =) Kendra

    ReplyDelete