Thursday, April 28, 2011

9 months

Thatcher is 9 months old today. Sweet boy. We didn't get to dress up and go to church on Easter since Thatch was admitted to the hospital for blood pressure issues so I decided to put him in his little outfit anyway.
We had clinic this morning. Thatcher had a good bp and his weight stayed about the same. It was a relatively uneventful visit...the best kind! I've already seen his lab results online and his liver labs are still looking good. Since this is the case, we only need to go to clinic once next week. Wow, only 1 doctor appointment next Thursday. Honestly, I'm even more excited that this means we are even closer to coming HOME!!
Visit with Amelia last weekend
I had my liver check up at Montefiore hospital yesterday. Pittsburgh is a pretty difficult city to navigate, with alot of one way streets and bridges. It was actually sunny and I got to my appointment with no wrong turns. It felt kind of weird to drive. We stay couped up here since it's a pain to get out and drive. I usually stroll us to the store down the street if possible rather than driving. I will continue to be monitored with lab work once I'm home all the way up to 2 years post surgery. My incision is still a little sore to touch, but I'm completely fine otherwise. Hopefully I won't be going back to Montefiore ever again!


We have an appointment with the renal (kidney) doctor tomorrow to address Thatcher's blood pressure issues. Hopefully Thatcher won't have high blood pressure forever since it is a result of higher immune suppression medications.
9 months old

2 comments:

  1. Happy 9mos Thatcher! Man you are lookin' so good. I always enjoy your big, full face smiles!
    Jessie, so glad to hear that you are doing so well. Prayers continue for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so great Jessie! I can't believe how much he is looking like BJ. So glad things are going good for you guys! I hope you get to come home soon..I know you are so ready! Can't believe our little boys are so big now. Braden turned 8 months today. Where has the time gone? Praying for the kidney visit to go well and no more high bp's!

    ReplyDelete