Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Weekend

Not a whole lot to report over the weekend. Honestly, I was kind of dreading it and hoped it would pass quickly. It's lonely here, but mostly I'm looking forward to Amelia's visit next week and anxious to see Thatcher's labs tomorrow. We've been here 27 days now, it's been 18 days since I've seen Amelia, and 5 days since BJ left...not that I'm counting!


Thatcher has been a good boy this weekend, resting a little better every day it seems. We finished up the last of the frozen breast milk and are now on formula. I was a little nervous to make this switch in case Thatcher didn't like it or it upset his stomach, but he seems to be doing fine. Through surgery and anesthesia my supply dwindled to such a small amount that we are no longer able to nurse more than once a day. Here are a few pics of the sweet boy:
I've also been attaching his IV medicine every 12 hours, at 9am and 9pm. We have experience with at home health after Thatcher's first surgery. It's actually pretty awesome we can do this at home and don't have to be admitted to the hospital. Here's what his medicine looks like.
Before being dispensed
The medicine ball deflates after about 1 hour


Folks have asked how I'm doing since my surgery. I actually forget about my incision most of the time. I'm just a little sore when I wake up in the morning (not sure how much this has to do with the terrible bed) and the site is still slightly swollen. Other than that, I feel great. I will continue to get lab work up to 2 years post surgery to check my liver levels, but so far everything has been fine. I'm still getting used to seeing the scar in the mirror. I would share a picture, but my belly is not quite as cute as Thatcher's!

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you and Thatcher are both healing very well! We are praying for you, Thatcher, BJ and Amelia everyday! BJ and Amelia came to the meeting tonight and our family really enjoyed having them there! Amelia was singing us songs on a pretend microphone! She is so sweet! I am so excited you get to see her this week! That will brighten your world! Keep up the good work and hope to see yall home soon!!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad he is doing well on the formula. I was thinking about this because I remember being stressed about supplementing Connor with formula and he did just fine too. I am so excited for your visit with Amelia this week! Something great to look forward to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnny was thankful to hear from BJ by phone and was gald to hear that he was enjoying some degree of normalcy with Amelia. I am glad that you will get to see her this week and glad to hear that YOU are doing so well.
    The pictures of Thatcher are adorable. He looks like he is sitting up so well. Is he able to get to a sitting position on his own?
    Joe & Darlene are at our house for this week. We are enjoying their visit and Darlene's help in the flower beds! She is amazing at her age.
    Prayers for all of you continue. We look forward to your homecoming sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete