Sunday, April 10, 2011

Visitors

We had visitors this weekend! Our good friends, Katie and Toney, drove up from Tennessee. It was a wonderful dose of home and a much needed break from the monotony. I know I had been struggling with being homesick, missing Amelia, and just feeling secluded. Their visit was just what the doctor ordered, thanks guys! It was a real blessing.
We were also blessed with some great Pittsburgh Pirates tickets that were donated to the Ronald McDonald house in honor of organ donor awareness month in April. The seats were fantastic - 10 rows behind home plate, and they even came with dinner! I struggled with the decision to take Thatcher, but it was a great experience and worked out wonderfully. Things just seemed to fall into place.
Dinner before the Game
View of the Park from our Seats
BJ and I are so blessed to have such great friends and support system during this time. This and prayer and truly getting us through.
For me, one of the hardest parts has been being away from my daughter. I miss Amelia terribly, but I know she is happy and having a good time at home. We are blessed to have family that loves her so much taking such good care of her. It is hard not to be involved in her every day life. Since we've been in Pittsburgh, Amelia has flown on a plane, visited Pittsburgh, and Knoxville all for the first time. My parents took her with them to Knoxville to visit my new nephew Caleb who was born Thursday.
My parents and Amelia with Caleb - Congrats Adam & Jannette!!!
Thatcher is continuing to do better each day. He is eating more than he has ever eaten. It is a good sign that he is healing. He isn't napping much but is getting a little better through the night between feedings. He is still likely dealing with some discomfort. We go to clinic tomorrow and are anxious to see his weight and liver labs. I pray for continued good news.
Lunch Outside Today

6 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled that everything is going well. I can't wait to read the post that says "Going Home". I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must be to be away from Amelia. I know you do what you have to do but that doesn't make it easier. Thankfully before you know it you will all be home as a family again. Thatcher looks great in his picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thatcher looks so great and it is good to hear that you are getting out a little. I can't imagine how hard it has to be for you guys to be away from Amelia missing so many firsts. It sounds like she is in great hands though. How exciting that you got to go to a baseball game...I bet BJ was in heaven! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful news and what wonderful pictures! We know how proud your mom and dad are of little Caleb - and how happy you ALL are that Thatcher is doing so well. Thatcher looks WONDERFUL (and so do you)! Like someone else said, the best news of all will be "GOING HOME!" Until then, you have many more firsts to come, and I am praying they will all continue to be such wonderful firsts as you've had recently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! He looks AWESOME!!!! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at that little smile! His happy spirit always shines in his pictures! So thankful he has been released & is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessie,
    He looks GREAT!! Thanks for posting the updates! Although I haven't seen you in years (since I was at UTM with Adam and Jannette), please know that we have a church in NC praying for your family too :)
    Laurie, Clay and Sarah Gaitskill

    ReplyDelete