Friday, April 15, 2011

Pick Line

Thatcher's pick line was placed this morning. Everything went fine. He was sedated in order to place the iv into a deeper vein. I'm waiting for him to wake up now. He hasn't gotten to eat since 430 this morning so he'll likely be hungry.

I got to speak with the doctor before the procedure. I asked if Thatcher has cmv and if this was considered a set back. She reassured me that this is actually expected this soon after transplant when the immune suppression is highest. They are treating him as if he has cmv even though there is only a small amount detected. He will have the line for 3 weeks - 2 weeks of the medication and 1 week just in case. They want to get 2 negative readings before removing the line. She even said this would not be something to prevent us from coming home, but I don't want to jinx anything!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad it went well!!! You are in our thoughts and prayers.
    He looks so much like Amelia's pics here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing and wonderful news. We miss you back here. That smile on Thatch's face gives me happy chill bumps, and I see little cubby wrinkles in his arms--great!

    Amelia will be happy to have both her parents and her brother home, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that toothy smile! So glad the procedure went well and great that they are being pro-active! Even greater that it won't prevent you from coming home! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless him - and you! The self-portrait was beautiful and Thatcher's smiling face is a true testament and sign of nothing but good things to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so relieved that it went well and this isn't a setback for yall! He is such a trooper and so are YOU! He looks amazing and I love seeing those sweet smiles :)

    ReplyDelete