Monday, May 2, 2011

All in a Day

As I have mentioned, the weekends are particularly lonely around here, a reminder that people are home and we're not. However, we kept surprisingly busy Saturyday. We made the trek to Target where I bought Thatcher this walker. He liked the one in the hospital so much, and I could use another place to set him/contain him. He really likes it for short periods of time. We strolled around outside some, I gave him a bath, he played on the floor, ate...the usual.
I wouldn't call our "usual" boring because Thatcher really keeps me hopping. He eats more than ever so bottles and baby food are always flowing. He plays on blankets on the floor alot and I generally try to wipe his toys down once a day. Not to mention the diapers (which are now super smelly!) Thatch has started sleeping on somewhat of a schedule, mid-morning, afternoon, and going to bed at 9.
We obviously spend time going to doctor's appointments (although we only have 1 this week!) and 1-2 hours/day with medicine, blood pressure taking, and temperature readings. Apparently they don't sell or even make infant bp cuffs, so I bought this handy little wrist cuff that works on Thatcher's arm. It's surprisingly accurate too. I take 3 readings and average them when we can't go to clinic and get readings. We are supposed to take his temperature 2x/day as well. All in a day's work :).
Sunday was much more quiet and gloomy...it is so cloudy here! It does not help the overall mood. I thought I noticed a little dry cough from Thatch too. He's drooling like crazy from teething right now so his hands have been in his mouth more which makes me extra nervous. I'll pray he stays healthy, it's just extra nerve wracking. Normal baby stuff isn't always so normal with him.
No doctor today. Just counting down the days until BJ and Amelia come up this week and for clinic Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jess! We can't wait to have you and Thatcher home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God said he will never leave us nor forsake us.
    I know it seems lonely and as if you are alone, but you are not.... we are all supporting you and thinking of you each and every day.
    We read your blog everyday, we pray for your entire family and hope that you can come home soon!
    Keep up your good spirits :)

    ReplyDelete