Friday, May 20, 2011

Going Home

We're coming home today!!! I've looked forward to the day that I could say that for several weeks now. We found out yesterday after clinic. It was somewhat unexpected to get discharged yesterday but definitely a pleasant surprise. Thatcher is continuing to gain weight and the doctors decided his immunsuppression could be handled from Nashville. It's been a little hectic since we got the news that his labs were good and we could go home. I've been packing and cleaning, and BJ flew out this morning. He will be here soon to help us load up and drive home.
I'm praying for safe travel home. I'm also praying that Thatcher stays well. I have some sort of cold/congestion/cough going on and hope I do not pass it along. We are to continue weakly labs at home while he is being weaned off the Prednisone. We are also supposed to visit our pediatrician once home to catch up on his overall care and development.
I think I'm still sort of shocked we're coming home today. We would have been here 2 months tomorrow, the 21st. We have come so far and have been so blessed along this journey. I'm glad Pittsburgh was here for our transplant needs but have never been so excited about coming home in my LIFE. TN here we come!!
I haven't taken many pics in the last day or 2, but here is one of Thatcher helping me pack.

4 comments:

  1. I just cannot tell you how excited we are! Johnny and I can't wait to see all of you and get our hands on that little man (after thoroughly washing them of course!) Safe travels. Continued Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! We are so excited for you and can't wait to see you both. Ameila said yesterday that you were coming home and she was going to yell SURPRISE, to mommy and Thatchy when you got here. Dr. P will be so excited to see him as well, she was so excited when I updated her on your progress last. Praying for safe travel and WELCOME HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for safe travels! So happy yall finally get to come home! I know your family is ecstatic!

    ReplyDelete