Friday, May 13, 2011

Another Clinic Down...2 to Go??

Thatcher had a regular clinic check up yesterday. I had been anticipating this visit and was fully prepared to give my speech on how we are ready to go home whenever Thatcher could be released safely. The surgeon said he didn't see why we couldn't be released in a couple of weeks assuming things are good. He commented that Thatcher has done well except for the little bit of rejection and increased blood pressure from the Prednisone. 2 weeks puts us coming home the last week in May as we had anticipated. This is all of course if Thatcher continues to do well.

Love this pic of Amelia...Mommy will be home soon!
Since Thatcher's pick line is now out, they had to stick him :(. They got it on the first try but had to dig a little. (I can't wait till I can bribe him after these!) He gained 1 pound since last Thursday and is now a little over 17 and a half pounds. Thatcher had been having 6 to 8 dirty diapers for the last couple of days. I attribute this to his increased eating, but they are testing his stool just to make sure it's not a bug. We havent' heard anything on this.

Last weekend, 5/6/11

Thatcher eating today

More good news was that Thatcher's liver levels are good...praise the Lord!! However, his Prograf level is too low (3, but needs to be between 6-8). They aren't sure exactly why, but it could be all that he is eating since food in the stomach affects how this medicine is absorbed. For this reason, we went back to the lab this morning to get another Prograf level. I asked if they could prick his finger instead, since they were only checking his Prograf level and not all the other labs. Well, this turned out to be a terrible idea! It was super messy, Thatcher did not like having his finger held while they milked the blood out, he ate his band-aid off and got blood everywhere, then they called me to say his blood clotted so they couldn't get the reading. We have to go back in the morning to get his blood drawn again! Ugh. Well, everything is relative and this is not so bad in the scheme of things I guess.

Thatcher on the go...he likes to go get the lamp chord







2 comments:

  1. Jess, I love you writing these! Know that there are so many pulling for you. I think back to Thatcher's run/walk and I imagine you, BJ, Amelia, and Thatcher running your own personal marathons. Ask any marathoner and they'll tell you that a marathon is 26.2 miles and it's the last .2 that are the hardest. This is your .2 and I know you'll make it! I can't wait till you cross that line and come home.
    Yes, I'm feeling a bit sappy today. Love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you had a good week except for the bloodwork and labs! Boo!! I am praying that you get the news to go home very very soon!

    ReplyDelete